Polly Kent Campion is a first time candidate for NH State Representative for Hanover and Lyme. A retired nurse, Polly is the daughter of a community care nurse and a regional planner whose family moved to Norwich, VT in 1968. She returned to the Upper Valley in 1976 and has lived in Etna, NH for the past 40 years with her husband and (later) two children.
Polly, a registered nurse and former elementary school teacher, retired from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center after nearly 24 years. She began her nursing career as a direct care provider caring for acutely ill oncology patients and evolved into more administrative and educational roles, focusing on improving the quality of patient care. She subsequently worked as a Health Care Quality Consultant with the NH Foundation for Healthy Communities and the NH Home Care Association. Polly has a BA in Education from Goddard College, a BS in Nursing from Colby Sawyer and an MS in Nursing from the University of Vermont.
An innovative and skilled facilitator, Polly was the inaugural chair of the New Hampshire Healthcare Quality Assurance Commission, established by statute in June 2005. Polly led this group of 50 diverse professionals in establishing a culture which has fostered the candor and critical analysis necessary to achieve improvements in quality of care across hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers in NH.
Polly’s policy interests include:
- Creating a comprehensive strategy to address the opioid crisis
- Making available affordable, easily accessible and high quality health care
- Maintenance of social service and mental health services and networks
- Funding women’s health care services
- Addressing services to support aging in place for NH elders
- Protecting NH’s water supply and environment
- Livable wages
- Excellence in public education